OurTrees has the following goals:
- Raise awareness of Indigenous Native Forests as a vital component in our response to climate change.
- Restore the natural habitat for our Native Birds and Animals via targeted pest-control initiatives.
- Survey and catalogue our indigenous forests and create a permanent and public record of the data using Blockchain technology.
- Create video, image, audio, Virtual Reality content and supporting material to provide an immersive informative forest experience for Educational purposes
- Encourage visitors to the OurTrees forest by establishing walking tracks that are safe and well signposted.
- Develop a Personal Carbon Offset system that enables urban-dwellers to offset their carbon footprint against the CO2 sequestered annually by OurTrees.
- Incentivise smallholders to nurture and protect existing native forest blocks on their land.
OurTrees really are our trees. We have a 12 hectare (30 acre) NZ Native Beech forest owned by a respected IT professional (with 30+ years industry experience) who is deeply concerned about our changing climate and the legacy we are leaving for our children. Now is our time for action using the tools we have available – trees and technology
We are based in Christchurch, New Zealand